November 18, 2012

Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park Tour (Day 2)

Category: Travel Destination
Location: Puerto Princesa, Palawan


The famous Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park Tour was the schedule for our 2nd day. The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park is now one of the New7Wonders of Nature. I was thankful I had the chance to visit this place. What makes this tour more enjoyable was my tour mates who were beautiful family taking a vacation together. The day was more fun being with them. Too bad I have a bad memory, I can’t remember their names na.

On our way to the famous PPUR, we had many stops. I was fetched by the new tour guide, Jane around 8:30 AM.

10:30AM – Our first stop is Buenavista Viewdeck. Oh, not really, I think it the 2nd one, I forgot that we stopped at a tourist comfort room first where a little girl asked me for a bless (mano po) while waiting for the rest. Going back to Buenavista, when we arrived there, the young girls started dancing a Hawaiian dance to welcome us. I took pictures from the breathtaking view of Ulugan Bay during our stop for about 10 minutes and head back to our van.

Ulugan Bay, 180 degree view from the view deck
10:58AM – Ugong Rock Adventure was our next destination. You can do Zip line and Spelunking here which I didn’t try, I enjoyed myself by looking around the plants and other tourist while waiting for my tour mates who went to try the activities.

12:34PM – We stopped by at Karsdt Mountain to take pictures for about 10 minutes. I am already hungry!!

Karsdt Mountain
Karsdt Mountain
12:59PM – We finally arrived at Sabang Beach. We had to walk about 100 meters along the beach side for our lunch which is a little bit of a disappointment for me. I didn’t like the food that much and it’s not even looking delicious. It’s not the kind of food I usually get when eating in a buffet. I was expecting a buffet like what we get to see in Boracay where you can choose from several seafood dishes!

Sabang Beach
1:30PM – After our lunch, we head back to the port for our banca ride going to the Famous Underground River. We had to wait for a few minutes to get our assigned bancas. The ride going to island is bit rough because the tides are starting to get stronger. It took us around 20min to get to the island.



2:08PM – And finally, we arrived at the island. We took pictures for a while and wait for our travel guide to finish the arrangements necessary for the tour. The island has a wild animals roaming around, and beforehand, we were told not to feed any of the wild animals. Also we were warned with our bags and plastics bags because the monkeys around the island may grab it.

2:20PM – We head to the entrance of the underground river where the tourist wait for their number to called. So while waiting for our number, we took pictures around the island. Everybody in the group was busy with their camera, smiles and pose. Then suddenly it started to rain for about 20-30 minutes and we have to stop what we are doing.

Entrance to the Underground river
3:01PM – Finally it’s our turn. Everybody on the group is ready with their helmets and life jackets. The teens in our family are just so excited which makes me feel excited too. As we slowly enter the cave, the boat man which also acts our guide, started to lecture us about the cave. Inside is very dark and all that we have is the flashlight to light our path. I was kinda freaking a bit inside thinking for a crocodile would suddenly emerge from the waters or the cave would suddenly crumble and we will be trapped inside. Thought it was dark inside, it will also give you the best view for the stalactites and stalagmites that are shining like a diamond. You can also see inside the cave different formation of stalactites and stalagmites such as the cathedral, Mary, vegetables and many more. There is also a bat cave where most of the bats inside the river stay.

3:44PM – We have finished the tour which runs for about 45 minutes and I was really relieved to see the sunlight. 


3:55PM – We went back to beach where our banca going back to Sabang was waiting. Then it suddenly rained. So we had to stay until the rain slows down.

4:13PM – The rain slows down so we took the ride back. But instead while we are on the middle of our trip, it suddenly rain again and the ocean current are starting to get stronger. But everybody kept calm until we reached the mainland. Everybody was soaked with both rain and sea.

4:30PM – After washing up, though not all of us have brought extra clothes, we immediately leave for the city. And on our way, everybody was asleep including me and except the driver.

Around 6PM – I asked the driver to drop me at Robinson’s and bid my goodbye to my lovely tour mates. They even invite me to join them at Kinabuch, but I declined politely though I really want to.
My 2nd day at Palawan was the day I enjoyed the most.

Happy Kid at the end of the day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)