February 12, 2015

2014 Korean Drama Review

So I got tired making a review on each drama after I watched them. Lazy me, I know. For this year, I just decided to put them into one page. I am not a heavy drama watcher as my schedule won't just permit me to watch everything. I only watch what interest me though.  But I hope I can get too watched more than I usually do.

Gals, hope you enjoy reading!

1. Birth of a Beauty

from wikipedia, credits to the owner
Ahjuma and Doctor, I'm going to miss this duo. This is one cutest couple I have ever watched this year. And I must admit, Han Ye-seul is really pretty here. A perfect beauty I must say. Aside from that Joo Sang-wook is so handsome in this role. I didn't notice Joo Sang-wook from the other dramas I've watched it's probably because mostly it's historical. But with Birth of a Beauty his so handsome. What I like the most about this drama is that it was never boring to watch it. I and my friend are actually excited every week to see what's going to happen with plans/love story. Not a dull moment with these two cutest couple for this year. So if you are looking for a fun filled romantic drama, this must be on the top of your list if you haven't watched it yet.

2. My Lovely Girl
 
from wikipedia, credits to the owner


I already sensed that this drama will be a melodrama (which I am not so fond of) after watching the trailers but still I decided to watch it though coz Crystal Jung was there. I became to like her at The Heirs, she's just so adorable on that drama. And yeah, this is a melodrama, but I did not shed tears on this though. It's a story about a man who witnessed the death of his girl right in front of his eyes. And later on fell in love with his dead girlfriend's little sister and so so. It's a 16 episode drama but I still find it long and sometimes boring to watch. I am not sure if it’s the arrangement or the characters but that just that. I skip some scenes too. I also find the actors emotionless, like they display the same emotion throughout the drama. If you are a melodrama fan, this can be a good one to watch. Actually, L (Shi Woo) is cute here, probably the reason why I was able to finish watching this.

3. It's Okay, It's Love
 
from wikipedia, credits to the owner

This one is a medical drama in Psychiatry Department. I enjoyed watching this drama Gong Hyo-jin is really loveable in here. And we missed Jo In-Sung so I and Nikki watched it. I love how the actors in this portray their characters very well. Special mention to Lee Kwang Soo. It's a very light drama, romantic and not boring.

4. Surplus Princess


Now this one is most surprising drama I have ever watched. I was actually really enjoying following this drama and suddenly, BAM! It ends after 10 episodes. And I was what? That's it?

It started our pretty well, funny, cute, romantic, and funny again. It was really fun watching this and I was really excited how the love of Aileen and Hyun Myung would develop. Though it ended so unexpectedly, I was happy watching this one. Too bad they decided to cut it off so early. If you want to watch fun and romantic drama, this one is perfect. But the ending is pretty shitty. But it was fun watching it series.

5. The Three Musketeers
 

I love CNBlue and because Jung Yong-hwa is here, I just can't wait to watch it. I admit that the acting from the past dramas of Yong-hwa weren't that good, but he was actually improving in The Three Musketeers. I can feel emotions on his character here. The action scenes are cool and drama is not too heavy and maintain a good sense of humor which make it more fun to watch. In short, not boring. I wonder when the 2nd part will be released. It says January but I can't find any news confirming it though. I just can't wait what will happen next with their history.

6. You Are Surrounded



Not that bad or good, just an okay drama for me. The newbie police officers are too funny I can't believe how they became a police or they exist in really life. Haha. But it's just for entertainment though. I love Lee Sung Ki since the Gumiho, but here it was just an average performance. Still, the King2hearts was his best drama ever for me. Ah, Ahn Jae-hyun, the very white guy from Man from another star is a cute kid though. Hihi.

7. Empress Ki


Ohh, I love this drama. This the most tragic, heartbreaking, action filled, intense, tearful what else...? This is my best drama for this year. Though I hate how the emperor ended but his love, or maybe obsession to Empress Ki, was the best. Protecting his girl any means he can under his power. It was never boring watching this drama though it was a quite long series but the time I have spent watching it was all worth it. Even right now while writing my thought’s, I can feel my heartbeat racing remembering how intense this drama is. You better watch it if you haven't yet.


8. Emergency Couple 

One of my favorites for this year, started out funny and ended pretty nice. Action speaks louder than words and you can really prove it on this drama. I love both lead actors, they are so great and adorable. You will really enjoy watching this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)