September 17, 2014

Diary Entry #34: My CitiBank Credit Card Application

I am just so thrilled I got approved for a Citibank Card. I didn't expect that to happen. So thrilled that even at this midnight I had to type in and share how excited I am.

What so great about having a credit card anyway? Utang na naman yan.!

I am not a fan of loans and debts, but there are times that you really have to. I already have a BPI secured card, for the past year and half using it, I find it helpful managing my finances and paying my bills easier than queuing at the payment center. To avoid debts from overspending, I always see to it that I have enough money to pay my bill even if my salary will be late.

So during my stay at Cebu, I happen to see the Citibank agents at SM Cebu Supermarket and this lady agent came to approach me and ask if I want to apply and take advantage of their existing Free Annual Fee For Life promo. Though I really want to apply but I did not bother entertaining her because I know I won't get approve due to the nature of my work. After a few minutes of talking and the possible explanation why I was disapproved from previous application even if I already had a BPI credit card, I got convinced to try it again this time and I told her that I will just approach her after we finish shopping for our goodies. Then after paying the cashier, I head back to their kiosk to fill the form.

So I just fill the form, provide her my ID and credit card for documentation. Then they gave me the blue Citibank umbrella. Di bale disapproved, may payong naman ako!

Here is my FREE umbrella. Very useful this rainy season.

It took almost 15 days for the entire application

August 29: Filled out the form and got my free umbrella
September 4: Got a confirmation text that my application was received
September 9: Got a confirmation text that my application was approved
September 16: My card arrived! Yey!

Not bad this time. Thanks Citibank!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)