April 29, 2015

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream Review

I decided to try Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream just out of my curiosity as to why it is always sold out so probably this must be a great product. I notice other brands that also a snail line but this was the first product I got to try myself. I have read some articles and studies about how mucin works and its benefits to your skin but I am not gonna dig deeper about it. I am not so interested with its Chemistry. I also got it for almost 450-500, I am not sure I totally forgot how much was it though. I just realize now that this price is quite higher compared to the ones I saw in eBay which is only for 300-400 pesos. It didn't bother me though. I just hoard a few tubes if I decide to use it forever. :D

info from eng.mizon.co.kr
From the box, it only says:

Multi function formula, Snail Recovery Gel Cream.
Lightweight snail gel cream containing 74% of snail secretion filtrate.

The box doesn't have too much information written there except for the direction and ingredients, everything else in Korean.

  
Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream



Out of the light pink box is a light pink tube. I actually like its color, really girly. Design is bare and simple and nothing too fancy. Tube size is 45 ml, I first opened my first tube last December 2014, the same tube I am still using right now. Seems the 45 ml goes pretty long way and I can't estimate yet when I will consume the tube. I feel I still have enough for the next 3 months or so. I also have 2 tubes ready at my closet. :D

the cream easily spread out and doesn't have a sticky feeling


The product comes in a whitish gel type cream. Smell is close to odorless (of course since it is fragrance free). I can only sense something from the product only if I smell it very closely. It's a water base product and it absorb pretty well on my oily skin. It doesn't make me feel sticky or something when I apply it.

At first, I tried incorporating the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream on my nighttime routine, but after a few nights of using it, it seems that it doesn't go pretty well on my other night creams. So I decided to use it as part of my daytime moisturizer to replace my Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Concentrating Emulsion.

I was glad I decided to use it on daytime instead. It's the perfect daytime moisturizer for me because it lightweight and it doesn't feel heavy on my face, I mean the stickiness I felt from the emulsion. I feel that I don't oil much compared to when I use the emulsion. Sometimes, I don't use sunblock especially if my work time is at night. So after the cream, I just brush a bit of loose powder. And that it, selfie ready!

I have been using the product since December, pea size, daily every morning for the past 4 months. And I can say I am satisfied with this product. Though I cannot tell what are the most notable effects I can pin point because now that I use a lot on my face, like 10-12 products a night. But the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream was really great. And most of all, I didn't break out while using it. For sure I am enjoying its benefits since I am happy using it.

What I like
- moisturizing and repairing effects
- absorbs quickly
- lightweight
- no sticky feeling
- helps control sebum
- wrinkle care benefits

What I don't like
- always sold out so better stock if you plan to use it a lot :D

I think that is all about my experience with Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream. I know the name sounds disgusting but don't let it fool you, it works great. Let me know what you think about this product too.

PS: If you are interested to get one, I have 1 extra tube I can sell to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)