September 7, 2014

Buddha's Surf Resort Siargao, Phillippines

After booking our tickets to Siargao through Cebu Pacific's Piso fare, I spent whole night looking for a place to stay in Siargao. Since it will be my first time there and none of my friends can actually give me a good tips about there so I had to do a research on my own.

So all my search lead me to Buddha's. So I inquired and made a reservation online by emailing them. I booked the superior room with breakfast at P 2650.00 per night. I initially booked for 3 nights only, then our flight was re-booked so I had to add another 1 night.

At the airport we were greeted by the driver with my name on the sign board. It was a good idea to book your airport transfer as I don't notice any public vehicle around the airport. The trip from the airport to the resort is almost 1 hour at 60/km drive. At the resort, we were greeted by the staff with all smiles that will make you feel really welcome. As you enter, there bar is on the right side, a place to a volleyball and a little walk will be 5 room building. Ours was the only room on the second floor. After the staff showed us our room, about 5 minutes our welcome drinks was serve. Too bad I was not able to enjoy it as it has a cola. I don't drink cola.

Birthday boy playing candy crush

This is the view from our room. The place is well maintained and very clean. The green grounds where you can play or just relax at the hammocks. You can play badminton here, you can borrow rackets at the bar. 

Our room was big and very spacious. I didn't had the to take a picture though but it was really neat. It has its own walk in closet so no need worry about cluttered clothes all over. The bathroom was also huge. Mattress is very comfortable plus the very large flat screen TV is our favourite. The room is quite pricey from but from the amenities and the service I receive from staff. It was all worth it.

Aside from the excellent accommodation, the food at Buddha's Surf Resort Siargao was the best and is a must try. They serve one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. There Angus beef burger and Tuna Sandwich was really delicious. The only downside is that the serving time which takes longer than usual. But it was all worth the wait. You should also try their Burrito and Curry. My bf loves their curry.



Surprisingly, the internet connection in Siargao is pretty good. I didn't have problems doing my work while I was there. Also, Cloud 9 is a bit far (2.5 km) from the resort, but you can rent a motor bike.


It was fun staying here. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)