January 6, 2017

Ssaeracadabra 2017 Korean Drama Watch Lists

It's a new year, means a new watch list for K-drama fans like me...

I can't wait to see what has South Korean TV has prepared for us. Are you excited like me?

1. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo


First on my list for this year. I can't move on with Baek Ah (Nam Joo Hyuk) from Scarlet Ryeo that I decided to watch this without even knowing what is this about. I didn't know it was really great and fun to watch. All episodes makes my heart flutter. Though conflicts are very light but you will not get bored. I feel happy every time I finished an episode. Pacing was great and ending was satisfying. I was glad everyone had a happy ending including Song Shi-ho.

Lee Sung-kyung is very admirable. Her last drama I watched was Doctors and I really hated her there. But in this Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo she was very adorable. Though she is considered a newbie in acting but she is way more better than others. Nam Joo Hyuk and Lee Sung-kyung really look good with each other. More of them please... :)

Rate: 5/5 Stars

2. Goblin


I enjoyed the bromance between the grim reaper and goblin more than anything else on this drama. This was fun to watch especially the pilot episodes which was really cool. I enjoyed the wittiness of Yeo Deok Hwa. The story and twist was really good. Though some scenes on later episodes were kind of boring but that does not matter at this time. I think the casts and crews handwork while filming this drama was really worth it.

Rate: 4.8/5

3. Romantic Doctor Master Kim


Probably the best drama I have watched among the first 3 Kdrama this year. From episode 1 to end, the thrill never stops. If I wasn't concern about my health as I also need to sleep, I could really watch this straight for 21 hours. I really love the pacing, the thrill I feel every surgery, and that it is more focused on casts carrier rather than their love story. No complicated love story which is kinda refreshing to watch. The whole time watching this drama, I kinda miss being in the OR.

Thank you to the casts and crews for creating such a beautiful medical story. :)

Rate: 5/5

4. Legend of the Blue Sea


Great cast and screenplay. I love how they incorporate the past and present. Jung Ji Hyun's playful scenes are funny and Lee Min Ho crying over his dad's death was heartbreaking. Twists were great and conflicts are convincing enough to make you hate the antagonist.I hate that stepmom so much.

Rate: 4.1/5

6. Who Are You: School 2015

Ahh.. yep... I just watch this drama though it was from 2015. Probably because I had a hangover with Nam Joo Hyuk and Yook Sung Jae. Hahah.. Anyways, this drama was good at the end. The first few episodes wasn't that interesting but as the story goes, it got interesting all the way to end. I just love the bad girl Kim So Hyun at the end. Over all, this was fun to watch, I can feel the intense and the suspense. I even hated the antagonist that I just want to crush her alive. But it was good that in the end her personality was resolved. I just love happy endings. Everyone did a great job on this.

Rate: 4.1/5

7. Jealousy Incarnate (2016)
This was from last year but just decided to watch it this time. It took me a while to finish watching this. I think the middle parts of the episodes was kinda boring, I didn't have the excitement to click on the next episode. Gladly the last parts was good to watch. This story is kinda absurd, how come a girl can like two guys and the 2 guys can date 1 girl with consent. I just don't understand the idea there. This is too complicated for me though.

Rate: 3.7/5

8. Cheese in the Trap (2016)


I was already expecting an unusual ending as my friend already warned me, but still I wasn't expecting it was that severe. Hahaha... Makes me cringe when I think about it. I just love Park Hae Jin character here. And Lee Sung Kyoung, I want to skin her alive in this drama. Hahahahaha. She's really crazy, probably if I met someone like that in real life, it's probably really hard to handle that kind of attitude. Good thing Seo Kang-joon took care of her despite how she behave. I can feel all their emotions, I just love them all. :)

Rate: 4.5/5 

(images from wikipedia)

8. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Can I have more of this kind of drama? First was Kim Book Jo and now this! I have fallen to many oppas this year eh. hahaha. One of the few dramas that I can't hold but laugh to their funny scenes. They are just so lovable and so cute. They really fit their characters. They can be serious at times, they can be funny most of the time, it can be a thrill at times and most of the time it is romantic. This is a very enjoyable drama, you just can't miss this. Good job to all cast and crews! :)

Rate: 5/5  

9. One Percent Of Something (2016)


What keeps me busy during those why I didn't watch this before? This is a refreshing drama, kept me awake the whole 20 hours during my rest day. I just can't stop watching it. Probably because it is more mature love story compared to those teenage dramas. And the message it gives you at the end of the episodes is so touching. They're so cute too! hahehe

 Rate: 4.5/5  

10. Princess Hours (2006)


The 2nd quarter of this year must be boring, why the heck I am digging to some old dramas. Hahah Watching this again bring a lot of memories from my college year (20s), we used to watch this drama on our dorm mates' small TV in their small room. If you're up to some good and kilig throwback, this must be a good choice.

Rate 4.3/5

11. Shopping King Louis (2016)


I have been stuck on the first episode and was never able to get through the 2nd episode when it first aired. I finally had the courage to finish all episode just recently. I must say, I quite regretted it why I didn't watch earlier. Though the pilot episode wasn't that appealing to me, but as I go through the story, it becomes more interesting. Though this is a light drama, but it was good to watch. My favorite here is Baek Ma-ri characters. Hehehe!

Rate: 4/5 

Second half of this year is what I am excited for K-Drama, I have a lot on my watch list already. :)

12. The Liar and His Lover


It wasn't that enjoyable to watch. It feels like everyone in this drama are all selfish people. I find it hard to click to watch the next episode. The actors were great but the storyline is not. The only parts I enjoyed watching here are the singing scenes.


Rate: 2.9/5

13 Man to Man


Rate: 4.1/5

14. My Secret Romance
A happy go lucky drama.


Rate: 4.3/5

15. Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People


Rate: 4.0/5

16. Ruler of the Mask

 Rate: 4.7/5

17. Hospital Ship


 
The kind of dramas that makes me miss the hospital life and being a nurse.

Rate: 4.8/5

(images from wikipedia) 



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)