March 5, 2011

Valentines at Boracay

Category: Travel
Location: Boracay Island

Considered as one of the major tourist destination in the Philippines, Boracay really is a paradise. And yes, I am one of the many tourists who witnessed its beauty - the white sand in the white beach and the crystal clear water. The place is so amazing and is a perfect place if you want to enjoy, relax and have fun.



We were able to see this beautiful island because of the piso fare promo offered by Cebu Pacific Air. I and friends agreed to avail the promo. Last February 13, 2011, was our scheduled flight to Cebu, unfortunately, we were not able to check in on time we ended up taking ferry going to Cebu. Good thing our flight to Boracay is scheduled the next day. But hell, I hate the thought of not able to board the plane thinking I didn't sleep that night just to be able catch up with time. (If you're wondering why I did not sleep, I am nocturnal person, and I thought if I will sleep that night I might not be able to wake up by 4 am!) But too much for that.



So here we are, boarding on plane, excited to explore Boracay and know to myself why it is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. This is the Island, you can really see the White beach from above, I don't how many hours it will took me to walk from end to end..


To get there from the airport, take trikes outside the airport, you can buy the ticket booth along with the Environmental fee and Bangka Fee. It will be about 10 minute ride before you get to the pier, from there get your terminal fee. The Bangka ride from Caticlan to Boracay Island is about 15-20 minutes. When your there, take another trike that will drop to your booked hotel.

There lots of activities you can do at Boracay, but for our group we only did hiking along the beach and do a lot of food trips, shopping and party at night.



You can find there fresh seafood. We bought the fresh seafood at the d'market and have it cooked on one of the restaurants there. The fish sweet n sour really taste good. The grilled fish wasn't that great. If you like talaba, you can also find it there. My friends said its really delicious.




Pictures above is from Jonah's. But hey, you should also try there shakes, it's on of the best shakes I've tasted.


We chilled at Paradiso Grill...

 and partied at Juicers.

When your there, don't forget to visit the d'Grotto.


 I really like this picture, the water is very calm... Everything is in Blue.


  Behind is d'Grotto.

Sunset at Boracay

That's all for now... By June I will be at Boracay again, hopefully the weather will cooperate! zzzzzzzz!

1 comment:

  1. It always makes your loved ones feel special when you both spend a romantic Valentine's date in one of the most romantic beaches in the world! For sure this coming valentine's day, boracay will be crowded by LOVERS... :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)