December 11, 2014

Missha Super Aqua Skin Fresh Hydrating Toner and Emulsion Review

As I was panicking the last time where I can get the Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide, I ended up buying the Missha Super Aqua Skin Fresh Travel set at Lazada and got for Php 664.05.

Just so you don't know, I live in a province where you can see are sari-sari store only. That is why I panic if I run out of anything that I need because I can't easily purchase them right there and then compared to if you are living in the city. My only access are the online shops which I have to deal with shipping, hefty price and sometimes if it's pre-order, you got to wait a month to get it.

As far as I know, toner and emulsion are the basic skin care for lazy girls and those who are just starting up with Korean Skin Care like me. So I am reviewing them together.

The travel kits are in thick plastic bottles. I dropped the emulsion once and it didn't break so I am pretty sure it is plastic. I am not sure about the regular size bottles if they come in plastic too.

From the packaging:

"The Super Aqua basic series is formulated with Active Water System to help improve and maintain skin's healthy moisture balance, making skin moist and radiant."

Let's first go with Super Aqua Skin Fresh Hydrating Toner (30 ml).

"Fresh hydrating toner for clean and radiant skin adding moisture."

As the name it suggested, Aqua, the toner is very close to water in terms of consistency. At first I thought the smell was very close to a detergent but after using it for 3 weeks now, I got used to it and it became close to odorless. I apply it after double cleansing using my palms. I always prefer not to use cotton on Korean toners to save every last drop of it. Korean toners works differently from American toners which is usually applied with a cotton. The product is so light and absorbs faster into your skin but I always space my applications like 1-3 minutes every product to allow better absorption.

Next, the Super Aqua Skin Fresh Hydrating Emulsion (30 ml).

"Moist hydrating emulsion for lustrous and smooth skin balancing skin's oil and moisture level."

Emulsion or face lotion as what others usually define it. The lotion is very white and the smell is a bit stronger than the toner. I am really annoyed with the smell at first coz it's too strong for me but gladly I got used to it. I apply it after the ampoule or the essence. I used to put a lot on my face but I notice that it does not absorb on skin my quickly. (My skin is oily type.) Later I apply it on smaller amount for better absorption.

During the first few days using the Super Aqua Skin Fresh, I notice a small zits on my face. Gladly it disappeared after a week. Probably it was a reaction after shifting from Near Skin Firming Peptide set. Throughout the 3 weeks of using the product I notice less break out, and if it does it just so few. The Super Aqua Skin Fresh set is also mild on my face, I don't feel any tingling sensation during my application. This is really a good set if you are looking for moisturizing and hydrating effects. Waking up in the morning is also a beauty, it's not so greasy and skin feels so soft too. It didn't help with my blemishes though.

Buying again? Maybe, this will be a good choice if I ran out with my favorites again or maybe for traveling if you don't want to bring those bigger bottles with you.

How about you? What you think about Super Aqua Skin Fresh line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)