July 2, 2012

Fall in love with Love Rain


Category: Movies
Genre: Korean Drama
picture credits to the owner
 As far as I know Love Rain was one the most awaited Korean Drama early this year because of its star studded cast and a well known writer and director. Honestly, I didn’t have the chance to follow Love Rain during its airing in South Korea because I don’t know who the cast were (yeah, I know I am a late bloomer). I had my interest to watch this after I have watched Mary Stayed Out Last Night recommended by my friend.

This drama depicts a love story between the person who loves each other but never had the chance to be with each other. It is a beautiful story that shows no matter how long, love can wait even when you hair goes white. And because of the circumstances that the 2 person can’t be together, destiny still find its way and that feeling even continues to their kids. But life wasn’t easy for them. Kids have to sacrifice their relationship for their parents but because of the parents great love to their kids, they also have to sacrifice what they feel and let the kids live with the one they truly love instead. I’ll do the same thing if it’s for my son/daughter instead of seeing them living their miserably and painfully waiting and wishing to be with the one they truly love. That’s the best part watching this drama, I feel rewarded after watching Love rain.

Aside from the love story, I also love how the writer shows the value of friendship among the characters. That no matter what is there status in life, they still help and protect each other. The willingness to accept no matter what you have done, that despite of the troubles one have caused to the other, they still remain friends till the end.

picture credits to the owner
I also love the cinematography in this drama, its one of the best. It portrays how beautiful it is to live during the 1970s, even how simple life can be, there are still a lot of things you can do to enjoy the life you have. The scenes are very romantic, especially when Yoona and Jang Geun Seuk were talking during the sunset. That picture is still on my mind. The transition from the 70s to present is beautiful too. The Diamond Snow scene is very refreshing to watch. I am really proud for the production team that they were able to find such attractive places. I really want to visit these places in the future.

Honestly speaking though, this melodrama is bit dragging in some episodes. The pacing is so slow that sometimes you feel waiting for what will happen next is such an agony. If only they did it a bit faster, it’ll be more interesting. But nonetheless, the time I have spent watching Love Rain is all worth it! I am satisfied after watching all the episodes.

Special mention to the OST Shiny Love, it is my favorite classical music these days. I feel good every time I listen to it. Each time I listen to this song, all the good memories and the beautiful sceneries I have seen in Love Rain fill my imagination which makes me feel good and relaxed. 

To the staffs and actors for Love Rain, Congratulations and thank you for such a wonderful drama!!! 

As always, Prince Jang Geun Seuk is so cool here!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)