February 24, 2015

Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask Tea Tree Review

This week, I'll be reviewing the Missha Pure Source Tea Tree Sheet Mask.

Your Korean skin care experience is not complete without the masks. You always see this on K-drama. This is also a staple for Korean skin care and cotton sheet masks are one of the most common and affordable available in the market. There a lot other types of masks but are a bit pricey, I actually want to try the gold masks too. I think they're quite elegant.

Aside from Tea Tree, I also have a Pearl masks in my treasure chest but I just want to talk more about the Tea Tree.  So lately I had a bad break out on my lower cheeks and jaw part, as in really bad. I am not sure what caused it but it was just bad and had been ongoing since late January. At first, I used Etude House AC Intense Clinic Red Spot Balm but even after a week it didn't help me out. I didn't use a mask for 2 weeks straight as I was afraid I might aggravate it. I thought it that way because of the slight burning sensation I feel when I use a masks. But it didn't help either, my lower cheeks is really red and bumpy and in the morning other bumps have pus in it which makes me so worried. Then I decided I'll just start using the Tea Tree again and to my awe, it actually relieved the redness and helped control my break outs. Right now, I still have bumps and scars on that part but it not as red as it was.

So what is Missha Pure Source Tea Tree Sheet Mask for?

"Relieving irritation
-Pure cotton sheet mask to deliver pure nature
-Pure cotton sheet mask enriched with Tea Tree ingredient, makes your skin fresh and clear while relieving irritations and stress on the skin
"

Relieving irritation. Mainly this mask is for your acne. And yeah it did relieved the irritation and help control those red stubborn bumps. Of course it will not treat irritation overnight but as for me, I did actually saw a significant decrease in redness on the affected areas when I woke up in the morning. I have used Etude House AC Intense Clinic Red Spot Balm for a while on the same spot before I used the Tea Tree, but I did not notice same effects as much as the Pure Source Tea Tree did. I think my skin love Missha products. :)

Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask Tea Tree
 In the package, directions states

1. After washing your face, prepare the skin with toner
2. Spread the sheet mask evenly over the face, adjusting eye and nose areas. Lower the eye parts for double covering effect
3. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and remove the mask
4. Gently pat until fully absorbed.

Tip: Apply left over essence on the neck areas. Recommended to use 2-3 times a week.


The masks fits will on my face and it is not that hard to put it on. I use Missha Pure Source Tea Tree Sheet Mask after my Nature Republic The First Essence and leave it on my face for about 20-30 minutes then removed it. I can feel a very slight burning sensation while the mask is on especially on eye part and on bumps that are open, which at first worries me but thankfully, my skin didn't have any negative reactions to that. It will start somewhere after 5 minutes but it will not go on for the rest of the time you have the mask on, around 15 - 20 minutes that very slight burning sensation will start to slow out. I put it on the fridge for 5 minutes just to have a cooling effect when I put it on.

Once removed, I let the essence absorbed for 5 minutes more and then apply the remaining essence from the pack and let it absorbed for another 5 minutes and continue with my ampoule and cream. The essence is clear with a consistency slightly thicker than water and it absorb pretty well on my face. Normally, I will use all the remaining essence on the same day, but this time I saved them so I can use it the next day because it did really well on relieving the irritation going on on my skin. After 3 sheet masks, break out were 75% healed.

see those bumps with white pus popping out?

They started drying out and leaving scars which I am still thinking how to deal with! XD
The first picture was taken before I used the the mask, somewhere first week of February. The next picture was taken after a few days using the mask.  The effects are not dramatic but it was a good thing that bumps started to dry out and leaving. Camera makes it look worst but it is actually not that worst in personal. In the morning, there is less redness and the scars be concealed. XD

Just to make it clear, it will not relieved the redness after 30 minutes of using the masks but you will notice its effects the morning you wake up after your skin have relaxed and recover from a good night sleep. So now I am back with my twice-a-week-mask routine and just also added the Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule.

What I like
-effective in relieving irritation
-help eliminates/stop acne 
-moisturizing
-reduces redness
-essence is not too thick and is absorb well

What I don't like
-the slight burning sensation I fell when I put the mask on


The mask is P99.00 on regular price but got it on a discounted price during the December sale. You can pre-order it on Heaven's Bee Hive if you are from Philippines. I also found it on Lazada but of different variety and it's almost 300 for 2 masks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're having a good day! :)